Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Excuse Me, But this May Sound a Bit Bizarre.." /"Watchmen" Review

Man I should/will update this more often...I use Twitter so much more. Haha.

Yesterday, well technically Friday now I went to go see "Watchmen" with Meghan. She was confused by the plotline and had to work early the next morning so we left a little early. I told her I would just download the movie or something. No big deal, I was super tired anyways and the movie wasn't going to get out til around 1am. The next day, or tonight, I had a little bit of time on my hands so I go to the theatre, in typicaly Larry David/George Costanza style and say to the clerk ""Excuse me, but this may sound a bit bizarre, yesterday I was in here seeing Watchmen and left early, may I view the ending of the 8:00 showing? " It was about the same time in as the time I had left so it was perfect.. Surprisingly she was not shocked and told me to go in. I went in and squished myself between some people and watched the end of "Watchmen". I couldn't even believe it worked!

The film was great. Much better than "300", which Zach Synder also directed and I thought was boring. I want to read the "Watchmen" book now. Film has lot's of great metaphors/idealogies..i.e Nixon is president in the '80s. You'll love Rorchache's prison scenes. ("I'm not locked in here with you..Your'e locked in here with me!" Only problem is, as Meghan described and I agree, the non-linear/ non-conventional method of storytelling. Once you get the hang of the story though, it's a great film!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment